To be eligible to apply to the Tech To Connect Challenge:
- You must be a civil society organisation, charity or social enterprise (CIC or other organisation that satisfies Social Enterprise UK’s ‘characteristics of a social enterprise’).
- You must be based in England.
- Your idea must be implemented in England.
In addition to the above eligibility criteria, it is important for applicants to be aware that if an award of funding through the Challenge would cause that applicant to breach the de minimis exemption threshold under the state aid rules, then that applicant will no longer be eligible to receive an award of funding or to further participate in the Challenge. As part of the application process, all applicants must declare the details of any state aid funding they have received in the last three financial years.
Please see our FAQs for more information.
All submissions will be judged against the following criteria:
- The idea contributes to reducing social isolation in England.
- The impact of the idea can be measured and evaluated.
- The idea is new, adapted, or repurposed for its intended use.
- The idea more effectively addresses user need compared to what already exists.
- The idea is technologically and operationally realistic.
- The idea is affordable and accessible to its targeted users.
- There is potential for the idea to grow or be replicated across England.
- This growth or replication can be done in a financially sustainable way.